Have you ever thought whether you can really share your misery with someone? Hmm.. I too never thought of it until I came across a book. This book has synopsis of speeches made by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (pioneer of Art of Living Concept) where he talks of different aspects of life like Love, Death, Ignorance, Misery, Karma, Doubt, Sorrow, Happiness etc.
I am moved by the line which says that there is no point in sharing your misery for it doesn’t diminish when you share. But on the other hand, if you share your joy and happiness, it increases manifold. This line touched me from within. Just few days before holding on to this book, I went on to share my misery, only later to realize that it didn't decrease a bit, and had actually added more to my woes. Then I read through this line over and over again and I realized the truth in it. But I know, without sharing your misery with anyone would leave you stumbled, would get on to your nerves and leave you in an inebriated state.
You can share your misery only with someone who is just a passive listener, who just listens to your woes and miseries, empathizes with you and then leaves you on your own. This way your heart is lightened, but understand that it will not diminish your misery in any way. But surely will help you remain calm and in senses. By saying this, I am not trying to be philosophical, but understood this truth in my own experience.
I am moved by the line which says that there is no point in sharing your misery for it doesn’t diminish when you share. But on the other hand, if you share your joy and happiness, it increases manifold. This line touched me from within. Just few days before holding on to this book, I went on to share my misery, only later to realize that it didn't decrease a bit, and had actually added more to my woes. Then I read through this line over and over again and I realized the truth in it. But I know, without sharing your misery with anyone would leave you stumbled, would get on to your nerves and leave you in an inebriated state.
You can share your misery only with someone who is just a passive listener, who just listens to your woes and miseries, empathizes with you and then leaves you on your own. This way your heart is lightened, but understand that it will not diminish your misery in any way. But surely will help you remain calm and in senses. By saying this, I am not trying to be philosophical, but understood this truth in my own experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment